Assistant Construction Manager
We are seeking a full-time Assistant Construction (Project) Manager with an award-winning, integrated architecture and construction firm. The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving capabilities and impeccable communication skills, as well as 3-5 years of experience in project management support or related role. Candidate will have a solid understanding of job scheduling, budgets, and common residential construction practices.
Under the supervision of the Head of Construction Operations, the APM is responsible for diligent and proactive support of all Construction Managers with specific tasks, including permitting, subcontracts, meeting minutes, procurement, scheduling, and cost tracking. This position will offer the ability to work on some exceptional projects with a truly talented team of in-house builders, architects, designers, cabinetmakers and more.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and bonus structure, plus PTO, health and retirement benefit options.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, subcontractors, clients and key project participants and developing expertise with the company’s project management software.
- Flexibility and professionalism are absolutely essential to success in this role.
- Working knowledge of residential building systems, terminology and processes.
- Ability to interpret plans and related construction documentation.
- Professional demeanor and customer service focus.
- Solid problem solving and the ability to work independently.
- Tech & communication savvy – comfortable with project management software (+ability to learn new); proficient with Excel & Office Suite (Microsoft Project and experience with CON Management Software, a plus).
- Passion for fine design and craftsmanship.
- Flexibility to work in both office and field with valid driver’s license.
- Management and/or supervisory experience, with a proven record of success.
- Experience with scheduling, estimating and budgeting.
- Possess an aptitude for unique problem-solving, and capacity to develop solutions that are beneficial to all cross-functional team members.
- Ability to excel in an open, team-based work environment and work under direction.
- Possess an eager willingness, and corresponding capability, to learn and perform a variety of miscellaneous construction management tasks as required.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for the highest levels of architectural design and construction including changes and innovations in construction materials, means and methods.
- Past or ongoing experience in hands-on construction and enthusiastic endorsement of C&M design-build delivery model.
Education and Training Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering, or an equivalent combination of a technical training and related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in comprehensive residential construction.
- An active Massachusetts Construction Supervisors License (CSL), or in process, is a plus.
ABOUT CARPENTER & MACNEILLE
Established in 1996, Carpenter & MacNeille designs, restores and builds award-winning homes throughout the Greater Boston region, New England and beyond. Built on a legacy of unmatched client service, C&M offers architecture, interior design, construction, custom woodworking and property services.See all Career Opportunities