Cabinetmaker – Essex, MA
Carpenter & MacNeille Architects and Builders, with locations in Essex, Winchester and Wellesley, is seeking a full-time Cabinetmaker for our Essex location. Under supervision of the Woodshop Supervisor, the Cabinetmaker is responsible for the normal activities associated with a fine woodworking trade worker, with acute attention to detail and an inherent focus on skill development and learning to produce assigned cabinetry and woodworking projects with the highest level of craftsmanship and efficiency.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and bonus structure, plus PTO, health and retirement benefit options.
- Oversee all shop operations to assure safe fabrication practices.
- Immediately report any injury incurred in the shop to the Woodshop Supervisor.
- Inspect shop machinery, prior to use, to ensure the machine is safe to operate.
- Regularly inspect shop area to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Review projects assigned to you for clarity and manufacturability.
- Consult with Woodshop Supervisor, as to the materials and engineering of projects, as concerns of best practices arise.
- Upon delivery of materials for your project, check for quality, damage and inventory. Report any concerns to supervisor.
- Check any special tooling necessary to complete your project.
- Participate, hands on, in the production of projects in the shop.
- Be sure to maintain C&M practices and quality standards.
- Be aware of project schedules and adhere to them.
- Inspect completed projects for quality, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Assist in assuring all project components are loaded for delivery to job site.
- Perform other duties as assigned for the successful performance of the position.
- High school or Trade School graduate with relevant training.
- Apprentice or Journeyman level cabinetry woodworking experience.
- Possess a clear understanding of construction drawings and specifications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Basic understanding of computer software.
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
ABOUT CARPENTER & MACNEILLE
Established in 1996, Carpenter & MacNeille designs, restores and builds award-winning homes throughout the Greater Boston region, New England and beyond. Built on a legacy of unmatched client service, C&M offers architecture, interior design, construction, custom woodworking and property services.See all Career Opportunities