Interior Design Assistant – Essex, MA
We are seeking a full-time Interior Design Assistant to join our award-winning, collaborative design studio on Boston’s North Shore. The role offers the opportunity to work on exceptional projects with a deeply talented team of interior designers, architects, in-house builders, cabinetmakers and more. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience working in the high-end residential architecture and design industry. This position is based in C&M’s Essex, MA office.
- Provide design and administrative support to interior designers, following directions and working independently on multiple, concurrent, high profile projects in a fast-based, team-based environment.
- Specific tasks include product research, updating and maintaining project schedules, budgets and documentation, as well as managing samples and vendor communications.
- Some ArchiCAD drafting support is also desired with opportunities for growth in design, drafting and project management over time.
- Degree (BA or MA) in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or related field.
- Would be willing to consider candidates actively pursuing degree provided they can commit to a full-time, in-office work schedule.
- Attention to detail, flexibility and team-oriented professionalism are absolutely essential to success in this role.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Tech savvy – PC and mobile platforms, plus Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe (a plus).
- Passion for interior design, architecture, construction and the care of fine crafted homes.
C&M offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, PTO, health and retirement benefit options, and continuing education opportunities.
ABOUT CARPENTER & MACNEILLE
Established in 1996, Carpenter & MacNeille designs, restores and builds award-winning homes throughout the Greater Boston region, New England and beyond. Built on a legacy of unmatched client service, C&M offers architecture, interior design, construction, custom woodworking and property services.See all Career Opportunities