Finishing Specialist – Boston/Metro West & North Shore, MA
We are seeking skilled Finishing Specialists/Painters to serve the Boston/Metro West and North Shore markets on a fast-paced, Property Services team at an integrated architecture and construction firm. We offer white glove, concierge-level home maintenance, seasonal management, repairs, renovations and construction services to elite property owners and fine residences across the greater Boston region.
Under broad supervision of the Head of Property Services, the Finishing Specialist/Painter is primarily responsible for executing a multitude of miscellaneous property services, with a core competency in painting, staining, and all interior and exterior finishes. In accordance to specific instruction, the associate will deliver fine finishing and related technical tasks in a manner consistent with the C&M standard of excellence.
The ideal candidate will continuously seek and develop technical and practical knowledge to competently perform required responsibilities with confidence, accuracy and reliability and panache. The role will offer exposure to a wide variety of new skills and the opportunity to care for truly spectacular properties and important historic homes.
This is a full-time position with a competitive pay and bonus structure, plus PTO, health and retirement benefit options.
- Demonstrate competent ability to self-perform minor general carpentry and finishing, for maintenance, repair, and/or new construction of custom buildings and structures. Maintain regular and proactive communication with superiors regarding all aspects of job assignments and client interactions.
- Demonstrate shared-responsibility for the care and maintenance of tools, equipment and machinery.
- Be readily able to work independently, and in a coordinated team environment. Adhere to all job site safety and compliance standards.
- Understand, embrace, and proactively respond to direction and instruction. Perform related duties as assigned, and exercise thoughtful initiative.
- Meet or exceed expectations for jobsite professionalism at all times, including positive attitude, appropriate team dress, conduct, organization, cleanliness, etc.
- Possess an eager willingness, and corresponding capability, to learn and perform. Ability to self-function with basic technology for communication and data input. Have sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform, including heavy work.
- High school graduation or trade-specific equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in fine painting and staining—interior and exterior—and related general carpentry.
- Preferred holder of an active Massachusetts Certified Environmental Renovator certification.
- Must be within easy striking distance of Boston’s Metro West region (Weston-Wellesley to Brookline/Newton/Cambridge, etc.) and/or Boston’s North Shore region.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation.
ABOUT CARPENTER & MACNEILLE
Established in 1996, Carpenter & MacNeille designs, restores and builds award-winning homes throughout the Greater Boston region, New England and beyond. Built on a legacy of unmatched client service, C&M offers architecture, interior design, construction, custom woodworking and property services.See all Career Opportunities