We are seeking a full-time HR Manager to lead human resource operations for a team of 60+ architects, designers, builders, woodworkers and property service technicians working out of three offices in Massachusetts. This position, based in Essex and supported by administrative staff, reports to our management team. At the heart of this role is a talented individual who will fulfill a personalized yet global approach, enhancing company culture, mission and values on behalf of our talented staff.
- Manage, implement and evaluate policies, programs and protocols for current and new employees including –
- Promote and implement innovative HR solutions and process improvements to support the firm’s success, vitality, and carefully crafted company culture.
- Maintain robust employee benefit programs including health, retirement, and paid time off.
- Oversee recruitment, screening, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants. Collaborate with departmental managers regarding skills and competencies required for openings. Maintain updated job profiles.
- Lead staff performance review process, coordinating with leadership team and departmental managers.
- Provide job site staff with health and safety protocols meeting statewide regulations.
- Follow human resource management trends and best practices in compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Analyze compensation and benefits to ensure company’s competitive advantage to retain and attract top talent.
- Establish learning and development programs and initiatives supporting staff inspiration, growth and development.
- Provide professional support and guidance when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise.
- Keep Employee Handbook up-to-date with current programs, policies and procedures.
- Meet regularly with and report to company leadership.
- Oversee the daily workflow of support staff.
- Plan and implement company social events that create opportunities to bring staff together and inspire a strong company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus.
C&M offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, plus PTO, health and retirement benefit options.
ABOUT CARPENTER & MACNEILLE
Established in 1996, Carpenter & MacNeille designs, restores and builds award-winning homes throughout the Greater Boston region, New England and beyond. Built on a legacy of unmatched client service, C&M offers architecture, interior design, construction, custom woodworking and property services.See all Career Opportunities