Human Resources Manager
Carpenter & MacNeille is an award-winning residential design-build firm established in 1996 driven by a collaborative business model of talented architects, builders, interior designers, woodworkers, property services and business administrative staff. Core to the success of this model is an HR Manager with a solid 10+ years of experience capable of nurturing a positive working environment and enhancing the C&M Staff experience. The ideal candidate will be a champion of our unique company culture and mission with a personalized, consistent and highly organized approach devoted to supporting, engaging and guiding Staff located across multiple offices and job sites. Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a weekly 32-hour, 4 days per week position that collaborates closely with Finance and Division Leadership.
- Working with a 25+ year established company culture, establish an HR strategy and program aligned with the company mission statement through long-term company growth.
- Promote and implement innovative HR solutions and process improvements to support the firm’s success, vitality, and carefully crafted company culture.
- Help C&M to become one of the best places to work and ensure that staff experience a meaningful and vital connection to company success.
- Lead communication and implementation of company-wide HR operations through clear and consistent practices in a timely and organized manner and in close collaboration with Finance.
- Priority HR functions include Recruitment (job descriptions, postings, screening, interviews, hiring, on-boarding/orientations, exit interviews), Performance reviews and follow up, Career development, Health and 401K benefits/enrollment, Education/training, field staff Safety protocols meeting statewide regulations, and Employee handbook updates.
- Provide training and guidance to Staff on all HR matters.
- Meet and learn about company culture and ask feedback about what could be improved, enhanced, and enlivened.
- Help Division Leadership to provide Staff training and development.
- Act as a trusted advisor to company and office leadership.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal developmental opportunities and career advancement.
- Maintain an organized database of Staff records through their tenure at C&M.
- Work closely with Controller/Head of Finance and outside consultants on all employee financial matters including Benefit administration, Salary research and negotiation, etc.
- Continuously seek and develop HR knowledge to competently perform and recommend required responsibilities with confidence, accuracy and reliability.
- Solid 10+ years of demonstrated HR management success in a design-build or related industry.
- Personable, caring and able to handle sensitive and confidential matters in a discrete and professional manner, including striking a balance between Staff advocacy and Leadership priorities.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively, and open to feedback.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Computer proficiency and advanced skills in Microsoft software (Outlook, Excel, Word). Experience in Corecon/Sage construction management software and Microsoft Teams is a plus.
- Active membership to the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) is a plus.
- Professional and focused office demeanor. Flexible and adaptable to engage with varied personalities.
C&M offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, PTO, health and retirement benefit options, and continuing education opportunities.
ABOUT CARPENTER & MACNEILLE
Established in 1996, Carpenter & MacNeille designs, restores and builds award-winning homes throughout the Greater Boston region, New England and beyond. Built on a legacy of unmatched client service, C&M offers architecture, interior design, construction, custom woodworking and property services.See all Career Opportunities