Interior Designer – Millwork Specialist
We are seeking an experienced interior designer and millwork specialist specialist for a full-time position with an award-winning, integrated architecture and construction firm. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience working on high-end residential design and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Central to the position will be the design, planning and budgeting for multiple, concurrent, residential kitchen, bath and millwork projects from initial design concepts through construction documents and installation. Specific responsibilities focus on facilitating all aspects of K&B projects, including specifying and estimating all materials, finishes and fixtures, as well as client communication and management. This role coordinates with architects, interior designers, cabinetmakers, vendors, project managers and subcontractors to ensure the highest quality construction, meeting C&M brand standards and client satisfaction. The position will offer the ability to work on some exceptional homes with a truly talented team of in-house builders, architects, interior designers, cabinetmakers and more.
- Minimum experience of 10 years in kitchen and bath industry including estimating and budgeting for K&B projects.
- Practical understanding of construction drawings and specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferred) in architecture or design.
- A thorough background in fine interior detailing (e.g., millwork and cabinetry).
- Skilled mastery of ArchiCAD drafting software is required (or willingness to learn) to execute work. Knowledge of Cabinet Vision software is a plus.
- Ability to excel in an open, team-based and collaborative work environment and provide direction to junior staff, as needed.
- Comfort in taking the lead on major projects, including residential interior detailing. A strong ability to communicate and persuade at all levels of engagement including client development and nurturing.
- Strong resource knowledge of interior finishes, fixtures and hardware.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for the highest levels of K&B design including industry innovations, materials, means and methods.
- Proactive and energetic disposition with ability and desire to commit extra effort and time for meeting project deadlines when required.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for architecture, construction and the care of finely crafted homes, including familiarity with changes and innovations in construction materials, means and methods.
- Commitment to professional education and personal enrichment to enhance one’s ability to thrive as a team member on unique and complex design projects.
C&M offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, plus PTO, health and retirement benefit options as well as continuing education opportunities.
ABOUT CARPENTER & MACNEILLE
Established in 1996, Carpenter & MacNeille designs, restores and builds award-winning homes throughout the Greater Boston region, New England and beyond. Built on a legacy of unmatched client service, C&M offers architecture, interior design, construction, custom woodworking and property services.See all Career Opportunities