We are currently seeking an Interior Designer with 3-5 years of experience in high-end private residential interiors including familiarity with interior architectural specifications, millwork design, and construction drawings. Ideal candidates will have basic knowledge of the procurement process and FF&E vendors. Interior Design degree is required.
For all positions, C&M looks for energetic and collaborative professionals with demonstrated design talent, the ability to represent and develop design concepts. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also a must. C&M offers a collaborative studio environment where our cross-disciplinary work fosters a unique design culture.
- Draw and understand architectural interiors, construction, FF&E and collaboration with contractors and fabric vendors
- Produce accurate measured drawings of interior spaces
- Develop and coordinate design concepts and functional requirements of a project from initial meeting through construction
- Hand drawing, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, SketchUp and/or Revit experience
- Travel to and from job sites, vendors and showrooms as required
- Generate, create and manage FF&E schedules and budgets including sourcing and specifying furniture, furnishings, and lighting and design custom furniture in collaboration with in-house Woodworking shop
- Experience in procurement and generating purchase orders. Experience with Design Manager or Studio Designer is a plus.
- Track and coordinate installation of all furniture and furnishings
- Interior Design Degree
- 3-5 years of experience at Residential Interior Design firm
- Ability to work from C&M’s Essex office
- Experience with budgeting and cost estimating in Excel
- Experience with CAD and 2D drawing and redlining experience
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and a mastery of organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency at sourcing items online and in showrooms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Personality that thrives in a very close-knit team setting; Excellent interpersonal skills and exemplary customer service sensibilities
- Highly-refined design sense aligned with the C&M brand aesthetic, including an understanding of Classical Architecture as well as current industry trends
ABOUT CARPENTER & MACNEILLE
Established in 1996, Carpenter & MacNeille designs, restores and builds award-winning homes throughout the Greater Boston region, New England and beyond. Built on a legacy of unmatched client service, C&M offers architecture, interior design, construction, custom woodworking and property services.See all Career Opportunities