Lead Carpenter – Boston Metro/West
We are seeking a full-time senior level carpenter to lead Property Services tech and small projects management for the MetroWest market with an award-winning, integrated architecture and construction firm. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience working on high-end residential architecture and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Under the supervision of the Construction Manager and/or Site Supervisor, the Lead Carpenter is responsible for general leadership of a specific scope of work for a crew of carpenters and apprentices with varying degrees of skill and experience. Individual carpentry performance is expected to be at an expert level. The Lead Carpenter will provide on-site leadership and oversight on designated projects and, in conjunction with the Construction Manager, efficiently bring projects to completion in a manner consistent with C&M standards of excellence.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and bonus structure, plus PTO, health and retirement benefit options.
- Ability to excel in an open, team-based work environment and provide direction and leadership to construction team.
- Possess excellent math aptitude and an eager willingness, and corresponding capability, to learn and perform a variety of carpentry and jobsite management tasks – physical and administrative.
- Ability to self-function with basic technology for communication and date input. Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform, including heavy work.
- Willingness and ability to use personal protective equipment, as required.
- Demonstrate shared-responsibility for the care and maintenance of tools, equipment, machinery, and vehicles.
- Exercise thoughtful initiative, and adhere to all safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and proactive communication with superiors and team members regarding all aspects of job assignments and potential client communications.
- Adhere to expectations for jobsite professionalism at all times, including positive attitude, appropriate team dress, conduct, organization, cleanliness, etc.
- Be acutely aware of and promote the C&M standards of excellence in all aspects of performance.
- High school graduation or trade-specific equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years residential frame to finish carpentry experience.
- An active Massachusetts Construction Supervisors License (CSL).
ABOUT CARPENTER & MACNEILLE
Established in 1996, Carpenter & MacNeille designs, restores and builds award-winning homes throughout the Greater Boston region, New England and beyond. Built on a legacy of unmatched client service, C&M offers architecture, interior design, construction, custom woodworking and property services.See all Career Opportunities