Residential Project Architect
We are seeking a licensed Residential Architect for a full-time position with an award-winning, integrated architecture and construction firm. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience working on high-end residential architecture and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. An interest in traditional architecture is preferred.
Central to the position will be the preparation of architectural design drawings, construction documents and details for multiple, concurrent, residential projects. In addition, this position will closely coordinate with the Construction and Woodworking divisions and outside subcontractors to ensure the highest quality construction, meeting C&M brand standards and client satisfaction. The role will offer the ability to work on some exceptional homes with a truly talented team of in-house builders, architects, interior designers, cabinetmakers and more.
- Superior understanding and implementation of residential wood-frame design, construction methods, codes and standards in order to complete a comprehensive set of architectural construction documents.
- An excellent understanding of fine architecture interior detailing (e.g., millwork and cabinetry).
- Hand drawing and sketching skills are a plus.
- Skilled mastery of ArchiCAD draft software is required to execute work.
- Ability to excel in an open, team-based and collaborative work environment and provide direction to junior staff, as needed.
- Comfort taking the lead on major projects, including residential interior detailing.
- Proactive and energetic disposition with the ability and desire to commit extra effort and time for meeting project deadlines when required.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for architecture, construction and the care of finely crafted homes, including familiarity with changes and innovations in construction materials, means and methods.
- Commitment to professional education and personal enrichment to enhance ability to thrive as a team member on unique and complex design projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferred) in architecture/architectural design.
- Massachusetts State Architectural Registration.
C&M offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, PTO, health and retirement benefit options, and continuing education opportunities.
ABOUT CARPENTER & MACNEILLE
Established in 1996, Carpenter & MacNeille designs, restores and builds award-winning homes throughout the Greater Boston region, New England and beyond. Built on a legacy of unmatched client service, C&M offers architecture, interior design, construction, custom woodworking and property services.See all Career Opportunities