Property Services Technician
We are seeking a skilled carpenter to serve the Metro West market on a fast-paced, Property Services team at an integrated architecture and construction firm. We offer white glove, concierge-quality home maintenance, seasonal management, repairs, renovations and light construction services to elite property owners and fine residences across the greater Boston region. The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving and leadership capabilities, and impeccable customer service skills. Candidate must also have ground up, foundation to finish experience, knowledge of mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems, and a working knowledge of New England construction practices.
Flexibility and professionalism are absolutely essential to success in this role. Daily routines will include creating and managing schedules, budget management, estimating and material sourcing and subcontractor communications, traveling to/from job sites, interfacing with clients, and addressing any rapid response emergency calls when needed. The right candidate will also be comfortable with growing the client base and attracting new prospects. The role will offer exposure to a wide variety of new skills and the opportunity to care for truly spectacular properties and important historic homes.
This is a full time position with a competitive pay and bonus structure, plus PTO, health and retirement benefit options.
- 10+ years of experience with residential building practices
- Self-starter with the ability to work efficiently alone or when taking the lead in a group
- Lead carpentry experience with solid problem solving approach
- Experience with managing budgets and deadlines, and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Unwavering Professionalism and Customer Service focus – capable of the highest level of client communication and upholding company standards
- Tech & Communication Savvy – ability to use basic PC and mobile platforms, plus Microsoft and ability to learn internal software as needed
- Interest in architecture, construction and the ongoing care of finely crafted homes
- Other trade licensure and certifications (Lead Removal , HVAC, LEED), all a plus
- High School Diploma/GED Req’d, College degree preferred
- Must be within easy striking distance of Boston’s Metro West region (Weston-Wellesley to Brookline/Newton/Cambridge, etc.) and willing to work from Newbury to Norton
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation
ABOUT CARPENTER & MACNEILLE
Established in 1996, Carpenter & MacNeille designs, restores and builds award-winning homes throughout the Greater Boston region, New England and beyond. Built on a legacy of unmatched client service, C&M offers architecture, interior design, construction, custom woodworking and property services.See all Career Opportunities