Junior Staff Accountant – Essex, MA
The full-time accounting position is a very hands-on role with exposure to many facets of the business. This is a great opportunity for internal growth within the C&M accounting department and is based in C&M’s Essex, MA office.
- Manage all aspects of Accounts receivable – Customer invoicing in close coordination with project managers and controller.
- Assist accounts payable staff to receive, enter and pay all vendor invoices ensuring proper coding/job allocation and approval are attained.
- Record all month end close entries.
- Assist Controller with daily cash management.
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers.
- Special projects as needed.
- Assist Controller with additional financial activities of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- Construction industry knowledge and job costing experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including MS office and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient in QuickBooks.
- Corecon experience a plus.
- Strict attention to detail, highly organized and efficient.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Interest and ability to work effectively in a growth-oriented company.
C&M offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, plus PTO, health and retirement benefit options.
ABOUT CARPENTER & MACNEILLE
Established in 1996, Carpenter & MacNeille designs, restores and builds award-winning homes throughout the Greater Boston region, New England and beyond. Built on a legacy of unmatched client service, C&M offers architecture, interior design, construction, custom woodworking and property services.See all Career Opportunities